11 February 2013

Progress Report

So, just a little update on how things are going with the New Year's resolutions...

(1) So far, no luck on the novellette. One magazine said No, and it's currently under review at another. Shouldn't expect it at all, but it'd be really cool to be a published author. Fingers crossed!

(2) Been very good with the resistance training, not so consistent with the cardio. Kate has fallen in love with Jillian Michaels, so we bought a few of her workout DVDs. It sounds silly, but she does a good job! Seriously. The favorite so far is No More Trouble Zones, which targets glutes, triceps, abs, and thighs. Just short of an hour, it's a chore to get through, but a good workout nevertheless. We've been trying to do that disc every other day, but sometimes our schedules (and sore bodies) demand otherwise.

Also changing things up with the weights: I'm going to try my hand at 5x5 training. Very simple in principle: choose a weight, do five exercises with five sets of five reps. Quite frankly, though, the workout program found through that link is too easy. You can finish in like fifteen minutes - barely enough time to get your heart rate up. So I combined all three workouts into one big routine. THAT'S a workout!

(3) I've been very good about the soda. I had a couple that I didn't really enjoy afterward (ie, drank one just to drink one), but I've been good about keeping it out of the house - pretty much only at movies.

(4) And the diet has been better too. I used to make my own trail mix and a sandwich for work every day, but I've changed that to a salad (spinach/walnuts/cranberries/goat cheese) and sandwich (PB&J)... and if I'm running late and only have time to make one, I make the salad. My hemoglobin should be nice and high!

Other than that, things are fairly mundane. Working on taxes, trying to sort out financial issues before grad school. We recently changed cable/internet providers to lower our monthly payment, and I'm also going to change my cellphone plan for the same reason. Gots to save money!


Again, just to keep track, here is some hard data...
Height: 5' 11" (unchanged)
Weight: 161 pounds (-3 from January 1)
BMI: 22.45 (didn't measure)
Body Fat (approximate): 12.5%
Measurements:
Neck: 13" (-1)
Chest: 38" (-0.5)
Shoulders: 14" (R)/13" (L) (unchanged)
Arms: 14" (R)/13.5" (L) (unchanged)
Forearms: 11" (R/L) (unchanged)
Waist: 33.5" (-2)
Hips: 37.5" (-0.5)
WHR: 0.89 (didn't measure)
Thighs: 21" (R/L)
Calves: 14" (R)/15" (L) (+1R/+1.5L)

No comments:

Post a Comment